Red, ripe and lush tomatoes make for great bruschetta. I usually serve Tomato and Basil Bruschetta as a snack or appetizer. Some recipes call for balsamic vinegar but I like to keep mine as simple as possible in order to fully appreciate the taste of fresh produce. Tomato and Basil Bruschetta is really one of my all time favourite Italian dish as it is so easy to make yet delicious! I use a large amount of home grown basil and fresh garlic to create a wonderful combination of flavours .
- Sourdough bread, sliced and toasted (I used light rye)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine tomato, basil and garlic in a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, to taste.
- Place in fridge to rest for a few hours or overnight.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto freshly toasted bread. Serve!
Do you like bruschetta?
Do you make your own?