This Pains au Lait Recipe is inspired from the Viennese Bread in ‘Tefal Cuisine Companion 1 Million Menus’.
PAINS AU LAIT
- 100 ml milk
- 5 g dry yeast
- 1 egg (+1 yolk)
- 250 g plain flour
- 25 g raw sugar
- 5 g sea salt
- 35 g soft butter, diced
- Place the milk and yeast in a bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl fitted with the kneading/crushing blade. Add the egg, flour, sugar, salt and butter. Launch the P2 pastry program (with the stopper on), and leave to work for 40 mins.
- At the end of the program, transfer the dough to a bowl using a spatula, cover with a cloth and leave to rest for 1 hr.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Form small rolls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Make slits using a knife tip.
- Brush with the egg yolk and bake for 15 mins.