Mojito is one of the most popular cocktails of all time. Originally from Cuba, mojito is enjoyed all around the world. Mojito is light, refreshing and well balanced. It makes a perfect summer drink . I used El Dorado 3 Year Old White Rum. This superbly balanced mixing rum is twice filtered through natural charcoal for great clarity and purity, then aged for at least 3 years in ex-bourbon oak
- 2 parts white rum
- ½ fresh lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
- Dash of sparkling water
- Cubed ice
- To Garnish: Sprig of Fresh Mint
- Put the lime juice into a cocktail shaker, then add the sugar and muddle (squish everything together).
- Put the mint leaves on one hand and clap. This bruises the leaves and releases the aroma. Use a muddler, bar spoon (or even a rolling pin) to gently push the mint down into the lime juice.
- Half the cocktail shaker with crushed ice and pour in the rum. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves.
- Top up with crushed ice, a splash of the soda water and garnish it with a sprig of mint.