VIETNAMESE CRISPY PANCAKE
- 50 g rice flour
- 350 ml water
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, thinly diced
- half red chili, thinly sliced
- 50 g cooked shrimps or pork belly (optional)
- Fresh coriander, fresh mint (to garnish)
- vegetable oil
- Add tumeric powder and salt to the rice flour, add the water and mix until a dough forms.
- Stir through a handful of spring onion.
- Heat a small frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, pour a ladle of batter and tilt the pan in circular motion to spread the mix around evenly.
- Cover the fry pan for 1 minutes, then add bean sprouts, cover again and fry for another minute.
- Make a dipping sauce using the garlic, chili, fish sauce, sugar and lime.
- Serve in rice paper or serve as it is.