Banana bread is every kids’ favourite. Except this recipe is not kid-friendly – sorry – that’s because I used a good serving of spiced rum to make it a little special! I’ve only made banana bread once before. I think I still have a long way to go as my experiments are nothing like the banana bread I had in coffee shops. I am sure it will come with practice. Or maybe I simply need to go heavier on the butter and sugar! I used Tefal Cuisine Companion to make this spiced rum banana bread but you can easily adapt the recipe to any time of food processor or thermo-appliance.
SPICED RUM BANANA BREAD
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 90 g butter
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Optional: 50 g pecans or walnuts
- Pre-head the oven at 180 C. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Dust with flour.
- Place butter, eggs and flour in the Tefal Cuisine Companion bowl fitted with the crushing blades. Launch P3 Pastry program
- After 1 min, add maple syrup, cinnamon and rum.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through