Morocco is one of my favourite countries in the world. It is the country of my first expatriation. I lived in Casablanca for 5 months in 2005 and absolutely loved it. I since love Moroccan food, it is simple yet very flavoursome. I occasionally cook it at home, in case you have missed out you can check out my other Moroccan recipes: Harira lentils soup, spicy roasted chickpeas and Chicken , Honey, Apricots & Almonds Tagine.
|Broccoli is not very Moroccan, but it's one of Mr Slim favourite vegetables so I popped it in there!|
Ingredients (serves 3)
1. Heat the olive oil in the tagine pan (or normal pan), add chicken and brown each side, for about 10 minutes.
2. Add a little salt and ground black pepper.
3. Remove chicken from heat, add the onion and cook until golden and soft.
4. Add the spices, including the cinnamon and cook for a further 1 minute.
5. Place the chicken back in the pan.
6. In a glass or a bowl mix 250 ml of warm chicken stock with the honey and tomato paste.
7. Add this mix to the tagine pan over the chicken and onions.
8. Once it boils, reduce heat to low and cover with the tagine lid. Cook for 15 min.
9. Add the carrot and green beans, cook for another 15 min.
10. Add the raisins and cook on low heat for another 5 min.
11. Remove chicken and leave the stock to boil until most of the water has evaporated (to thicken the sauce).
12. Serve chicken with its gravy on top and with couscous on side.
This recipe is 5 Weight Watchers Pro-Points per serving.
|Onion & spices|
|Before adding the stock|
|Leave to slow cook for 35 minutes|
|A delicious exotic meal!|
What spices do you love most to cook with?