The weather is starting to cool down, kids are back at school and autumn is just around the corner. When I think about autumn, I imagine the yellow and orange vineyards of the Languedoc-Roussillon. I also picture a cosy sofa, a book and a warm cup of tea. Autumn is a beautiful season.
The special thing about this Paleo Gluten Free Banana Bread is that it is the wheat flour is replaced by almond meal making it suitable for coeliac people. The almond flour changes the texture of the bread because almond flour is quite moist in comparison to traditional wheat flour. This spiced banana bread makes a great lunch box snack: almond flour is high in protein, low in carbohydrates and a high source of protein. I hope you enjoy this Paleo Spiced Banana Bread with Almond Flour (Gluten-Free) as much as I did!
Paleo Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter – I used butter in mine)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of brown rum (optional – I put some)
- 1 cup crushed pecans or walnuts (optional – I didn’t put some)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the eggs, maple syrup (or honey), butter (or coconut oil), vanilla extract and rum if you chose to add some to your recipe.
- Stir the mix in the dry mixture until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool down and serve with a nice cup of tea!