Early January I published a list of the 13 dishes I want to make in 2013. I’ve already cooked two of the dishes: Moroccan Chicken Tagine and Greek moussaka, and here is my third item to cross off the list!
- half a cup extra virgin olive oil
- half a onion, thinly chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cage free eggs
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add sliced potatoes, stirring every few minutes until golden brown.
- Add onion and fry for another few minutes with the potatoes.
- Remove potatoes and onion from heat and drain on kitchen paper.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a non-stick pan (about 20 cm across) on a medium heat with only a little bit of remaining olive oil. Place the potatoes in the pan and pour egg mixture over.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and almost set. Then put a large dinner plate on top of the pan and flip it over so that the omelette is on the plate. Slide the omelette back into the pan and cook the other side for another 2 minutes until golden brown.