DIY Healthy Muesli – with Nuts and Superfoods
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of nuts (I used macadamia nuts, walnuts and roasted almonds)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup goji berries
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
4 tsp cinnamon ground
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- To toast rolled oats, just spread in a shallow layer in a baking pan
- Mix some cinnamon through the oats (for a sweeter muesli, you can also mix through some maple syrup or honey).
- Bake for about 15 min, or till lightly browned, stirring occasionally
- Once the oats is toasted remove from oven and add mix grains, nuts and seeds (add more cinnamon if required)
- Pack in airtight containers or ziplock plastic bags.