The lovely Liz from Last Chance Training nominated me for the Liebster Award this week. How lovely! I have never participated in this type of awards before but there is a first time for everything, isn't it? The objective of the Liebster Award (which was first born in Germany) is to discover new blogs.
What I have to do:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you've been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you've nominated about your post
Random facts about me
I did write a post previously called "Ten things you didn't know about me" but I'll try think of 11 more things!
- My Spanish used to be better than my English (my dad is Spanish, I used to speak it with my grand parents and also learnt it at school for 10 years). Now it's very rusty, I haven't practised for 8 years!
- I grew up in a village in the South of France with a population of less than 1,000 inhabitants.
- My dad is a talented water-colourist in France (check some of his paintings).
- I have never made lasagna (I have lasagna sheets in my pantry though, so that might change soon!).
- I'm probably one of the only French people that doesn't drink coffee (it gives me insomnia!).
- My first job (after graduating), in London, was for a recruitment company. I stayed there for 2.5 years and I hated it from Day 1. At the time my English wasn't good enough to allow me to change!
- I really dislike shopping (for clothes). Weird, I know. Nothing ever fits (I'm to small) so I find it very frustrating. Also I find everything expensive!
- I get cranky (like a child) when I'm tired (or hungry).
- If I could change something about me it would be my height. I would have loved to be a little taller (I'm 156 cm).
- I haven't cut my hair for 15 months. I have been letting it grow back, from a short straight bob, but I'm now ready for some layers (I'm going next week!)
- I never watch TV. I can't deal with the five minutes long commercials every couple of minutes.
Responses to the interview questions I've been given
1. If you had to go out for dinner with either Julia Gillard or Tony Abbott, who would you choose and why?I would go with Tony because I tend to get along better with men! I miss talking about politics, in France it's everybody's favourite conversation topic. Here I might talk about it once a year or less. No joke!
I did bungee jumping twice, does that count? (check the post "The five craziest things I have ever done" for a video of me jumping and a good laugh!)
Never seen any, sorry. I know, it must sound strange!
4.When was your last baking triumph?
Fig & Pecan Biscotti, a few weeks ago. I was very proud of myself for entirely following the recipe (Weight Watchers) and the biscotti turned up really good :)
5. And cooking disaster?
Dark chocolate macarons a couple of weeks ago! I was very disappointed with the wrinkly looking shells. Making macarons is a lot of work. I prefer simple and quick recipes!
6. Are you ruled by your heart or your head?
Very hard to answer this one. I'd say my head. I am a planner and like things to be very organised. I guess when you are ruled by your heart, it means that you are a little unpredictable and go with the flow. I don't.
Not any more! As mentioned above, I hated my first job in London, but I'm very grateful for the opportunities I have had since living in Australia. I've managed to turn things around through hard work and dedication and I am now where I wanted to be. I work as a Project Manager and in the future I would like to become a Team Manager as I enjoy managing people more than projects! Also I'm launching an online business in January 2013 called Europe in a Box, and I can't wait to tell you more about it! It's a very exciting time and I will need the support of all my lovely readers to spread the word!
8. Do you like dogs?I am more of a cat person. I had a dog when I grew up, and loved her, but I find cats very cute and I like the fact that they are more independent.
9. Have you ever tried martial arts?No. If I have a son, I would love for him to do judo, karate or Tae Kwon Do.
Yes, I have, and it's all listed in my Green Statement. Living in an eco-friendly way is very important to me, and this is also reflected in the food choices I make. In addition, I also watch my carbon foot print, I do not have a car (use public transport only), recyle & upcycle etc.
11. What is your opinion of Global Warming?
I think it's important that people stop being so selfish and individualist. I read recently that Australia is the country that consumes the most of everything. I find it chocking that so many people here for example leave their celling fans (or aircon) at home on during the day when they are at work. Sometimes even the lights. It is very silly because electricity is not only expensive (why would you ever want to waste money that way?!) but also a pure act of selfishness for our planet. I have many other examples but I tend to get to passionate about it when I discuss the topic with people ;)
My questions for my lucky nominees
My questions for my lucky nominees
- Did you give yourself some goals when you started blogging? What were they? Did you achieve them?
- Do you have any international friends (from a different nationality than yours)?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- What is your biggest achievement (personal or professional)?
- What is the food you couldn't live without?
- Do you know many racist people?
- How often do you eat at McDonald, Hungry Jacks etc.?
- Do your 'real-life' friends and family read your blog? How important is it to you?
- In a relationship, how important do you think it's to have your own friends or do your own things?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- How do you celebrate Christmas?
My lucky nominees
- Lucy from Love Luc
- Gillian from My Square Frying Pan
- Kristen from Me Vs Myself
- Jennie from A Taste of Travel
- Jessica from Live Healthy Simply
- Tammi from Somewhere Around Here
- Norlin from Baubles, Bubbles & Bags
- Kyrstie from A Fresh Legacy
- Emily from Fuss Free Cooking
- Emma from A Girl About the World
- Julie from Gourmet Getaways