A few months back I wrote about the Five Reasons to Eat Pecan Nuts. Pecan nuts are a rich source of healthy fats, contain the highest level of antioxidant of any other nuts and they are high in fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Last night I made these healthy treats. They make a nourishing snack, rich in fibres because of the wholemeal flour and pecan meal.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 5 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp (extra virgin) olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup pecan meal
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and oil to the bananas and mix.
- Fold in the vanilla, flour and pecan meal and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds and bake at 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced) for 20minutes, or until browned.
- When cooked remove the muffins from the mould and place on a wire rack to cool.
Do you bake with wholemeal flour?
What is your favourite nut?