If you've read my 29 before 30 list, you probably know that I have already ticked one box! One of the 29 things I wanted to do before I turn 30 was to go to a yoga class, and I did it!
I've heard so many great things about Yoga over the years that I needed to make an opinion for myself. So I gave it a go, a few weeks ago.
I like the thought that Yoga is an ancient Indian philosophy that dates back thousands of years. It was initially designed as a path to spiritual enlightenment, but in modern times, it is a popular gentle form of exercise and stress management.
Why I decided to do Yoga
- Increase cardiovascular and respiratory efficiency
- Reduction of stress level while increasing feelings of happiness and wellbeing
- Improvement of eye-hand coordination
- Non competitive and suitable for anyone, regardless of age or fitness level
- Limited equipment required
♥ Turquoise one side, black the other
♥ Features a beautiful lotus flower symbolising new beginnings
Finally for the ultimate relaxing time, I use this cute eye pillow. The cover is removable and fully machine washable too.
Do you practise Yoga?
What do you like most about it?