The days are getting warmer and the picnic season is kicking off! To celebrate, I thought I would share my favourite French picnic food recipe with my lovely readers!!
Tartelettes a la moutarde de Dijon
- 1 unsweetened pastry roll (puff pastry type)
- 1/2 cup Maille Dijon mustard
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Fit the pie crust into individual pie dish. With a fork, poke holes into the bottom of the crust.
2. Spread the mustard over the bottom of the pie crust in an even layer.
3. Arrange slices of tomato, overlapping in a spiral from the edge to the center
4. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, and sprinkle the tart with the herbes de Provence.
5. Cover with the Swiss cheese in a layer
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the crust has browned, the cheese has melted, and the tomatoes are curled at the edges, about 20 minutes. You can serve warm or cold.
Voila, c'est pret!
Now to carry your delicious tartelettes to your favourite picnic spot, you could use the limited edition Fridge-To-Go eco-friendly cooler bag! Yes, because, considering the huge sucess of my first Fridge-To-Go review & giveaway a few months ago, I think it's time to do another Fride-To-Go giveaway!
What is Fridge-To-Go® ?
A range of cooler bags using patented high performing chilling technology that keeps its contents cold for up to 8 hours unlike any other product on the market.
Why I love the Fridge-To-Go® Tote♥ Eco-friendly BPA-free, lead and PVC-safe
♥ Beautiful summery colours and patterns
♥ Use it to carry your cold items from the grocery shops
♥ Comfortable shoulder straps
♥ Simply clean with soap & water
♥ Includes removable chilling panel on bottom
♥ Durable 'TempGuard' fabric
For more information about this product, please visit Fridge-To-Go Australia website
Mademoiselle Slimalicious and Fride-To-Go have teamed up and are giving two lucky readers the chance to WIN 1 of 2 Fridge-To-Go® Tote, valued at $59.95 each!
To be eligible, you must be a Mademoiselle Slimalicious Facebook Page Liker
AND leave a comment here telling me
"What is your favourite picnic food and why?"
For additional entries: (leave a comment for each of the following to say to have done it)
- Like Fridge-To-Go Facebook page and leave this message on their wall: "@Mademoiselle Slimalicious sent me here!"
- Tweet this: "RT & Follow @MSlimalicous and @FridgetogoOz for a chance to win a Tote Bag! Thanks http://www.mslimalicious.com"
- Google Plus +1'd this post using the button below
- Share this post with your friends on FB and/or Twitter using the buttons below the post
- Follow me by email or RSS feeds
- Share the link to this post on your blog
Giveaway is open to readers with a delivery address in Australia and closes on 23rd September 2012 at 5 pm (EAST). Two winners will be chosen at random with the help of random.org. The winners will be notified by email or on my Facebook page shortly after the end of the competition. If a reply email containing the winner’s postal address is not received by 26th September 2012, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant. Prize donated by Fridge-To-Go Australia, total prize value $120 + delivery. I received a complimentary Fridge-To-Go tote bag for the purpose of this review. Note, if you are an anonymous entrant, please make sure you include your name and email address, if possible, on the comment so I can contact you if you want.
For a chance to WIN more fantastic prizes,
visit my Competition page!
Have you enjoyed the Dijon Tartelles Recipe? Think others might like it too? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. Merci!